No pictures only the left right errors are visible

Apr 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Hi,

I was excited to test your tool. However I am only able to see the lef right scroll arrows (blue ones). This is what I have done:

• Deployed the solution with add-spsolution, deployed it to all Web Applications, activated the SiteCollection feature
  • Created a new picture library (myPictureLibrary) in a subsite, uploaded two pictures
  • Created a new page, added the SPCarousel WebPart
  • Changed the list name in the SPCarousel required WebPart settings to /sites/mysitecollection/subsite/myPictureLibrary

The WebPart does not show any of the pictures. Changing the Number Of Icons affects the placeholders between the arrows. I have used Firebug for testing it a little bit further. It seems that the WebPart is not able to find the pictures. No javascript error message is popping up.

Another question: I assume that when you click on a picture an URL is opened which can be defined in the picture library. Unfortunately I do not get it how this can be achived.

Thank you for your reply.

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Edited Apr 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi Acidelsch

sorry to hear about that i do have an idea did you add a url to the images and a url discription . this is used to create the text underneath the pictures. by the end of this weekend i would have made that functionality optional.

if you dont have a url column in the picture library you can use the Carousel Library wich comes with the feature

kind Regards

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Hi billibonks,

no, I did not add any columns to the standard picture library. Okay you mean that I simply have to add an URL column to that library and then it will work? Does that column need to have a specific name like "URL"?

Maybe you could extend your documententation with the needed extra columns to a picture library? That would be great.

Thank you very much for your quick support!

Kind regards back!

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I will be updating the Documentation in regards to this tomorrow, was busy with a code clean up today. when create the library do a search for Carousel Library it is a template that comes with the feature

if you create items in that library all the columns will be their

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Hello,

Kinda new to this webpart, so my apologies in advanced if this was documented somewhere and my blind eyes didn't see it.

I have the same issue, I got the solution installed on my sharepoing, and from what I read all i needed to do was create a picture library and point to it.
I tried using a custom picture library and it didn't work so I followed your direction to create one using the Carousel library template.

I tried several url paths in the List name field such as:
/mysitecollection/myPictureLibrary
/sites/mysitecollection/myPictureLibrary
http://mysitecollection/myPictureLibrary I even placed a URL on the image and that URL resolves perfectly, but still nothing comes up on the carousel. ( URL is a column in my library)
If I just place the list name in, I find it breaks with no placeholders or arrows.

Am I missing anything by chance?

I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Thank you
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Incubeus wrote:
Hello,

Kinda new to this webpart, so my apologies in advanced if this was documented somewhere and my blind eyes didn't see it.

I have the same issue, I got the solution installed on my sharepoing, and from what I read all i needed to do was create a picture library and point to it.
I tried using a custom picture library and it didn't work so I followed your direction to create one using the Carousel library template.

I tried several url paths in the List name field such as:
/mysitecollection/myPictureLibrary
/sites/mysitecollection/myPictureLibrary
http://mysitecollection/myPictureLibrary I even placed a URL on the image and that URL resolves perfectly, but still nothing comes up on the carousel. ( URL is a column in my library)
If I just place the list name in, I find it breaks with no placeholders or arrows.

Am I missing anything by chance?

I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Thank you
No Worries :) I got it working :) I removed the webpart and re-added and it all started working. Thank you!

I still have one question and perhaps this isn't the place for it, But do you know if you will be adding Y-axis controls? or any layering so that you can have all pictures present in one carousel? This seems to be more of a slider at this point. I welcome any additional tips :)

Thanks again :)